Low sex drive and testosterone deficiency can affect up to one-fifth of the population at any one time. However, studies have shown that by using special herbs is by far an effective way of improving sexual desire, sexual performance, vasodilation, long-lasting erections, fertility, and an increased testosterone level.
For some men, experimenting with different supplements prove its efficacy in boosting libido fast as well as improving erection by command.
They also contribute to a feeling of increased attractiveness, confidence, and functionality of the penile region.
How Can Herbal Supplements Increase Libido?
There are a plethora of herbal supplements available on the market today and they all perform in varying degrees.
These herbs are proven to improved blood circulation in your penile region, the increased testosterone level in your body, and a significant boost sexual desire.
Some men take the herbal supplements as a natural aphrodisiac and also to boost their confidence in the bedroom.
So on this list, you’ll find some of the most powerful herbal supplements that will surely boost your testosterone and libido fast!
AMERICAN GINSENG (Panax Quinquefolius)
American ginseng is a potent herb that grows in North America.
It was used by the North American Indians to treat symptoms of the disease and also for its aphrodisiac effects.
American ginseng is also used to treat anemia, fatigue, trouble sleeping, nerve pain, high blood pressure, and erectile dysfunction.
CATUABA (Erythroxylum Vaccinifolium)
Catuaba grows mainly in South America, specifically in the northern part of Brazil. The Catuaba bark contains alkaloids that work as a libido booster and natural aphrodisiac.
Catuaba bark works as a vasodilator, which increases erectile strength by allowing more blood flow to the penile region.
Men who have taken this herbal seen a tremendous benefit such as more frequent and pleasurable sex, improved blood circulation and general energy levels.
- 19 Dangerous Signs of Low Testosterone: How To Tell If You Have Low T
- 13 Wicked Activities to Naturally Increase Testosterone Level
- 10 Amazing Testosterone Benefits and Why You Should Boost Your T
- How To Boost Your Testosterone By 400% With This Simple Smoothie
DAMIANA (Turnera Diffusa Aphrodisiaca)
Damiana grows in Central America and the Caribbean. This wild shrub with aromatic leaves is known to be a powerful aphrodisiac.
Damiana is used by the natives to treat stomach problem, constipation, headache, and depression. It is also used for the prevention and treatment of sexual dysfunction, boosting and maintaining both physical and mental stamina.
Its alkaloids contain potent properties that boost blood circulation and increase the sensitivity of the nerve endings on the penis. It works directly on the genital organs as a tonic stimulant so that erections are firmer and last longer.
GINKGO (Ginkgo Biloba)
Gingko is used primarily to treat symptoms of memory disorders including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Gingko is also used to treat other conditions including a headache, vertigo, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, hearing disorders, and mood disturbances.
Research also found benefits for men who are suffering from erectile dysfunction. Thus, improving blood circulation to the penis and maintain a solid erection.
- How to Get an Erection on Command, Anytime You Want
- 3 Step Stamina for Ultimate Raging Hard-Ons & Ultimate Stamina
GINSENG (Panax Ginseng)
Panax Ginseng is widely known as the ‘True Ginseng’. It is the most beneficial plant among the Ginseng family.
This perennial herb is native to Northern China, North Korea, and eastern Russia.
The root of Panax ginseng is packed with health benefits:
- help strengthen the immune system
- help boost mental function
- help fight depression
- general and chronic fatigue syndrome
- fight against stress
- increase physical endurance and energy
Panax ginseng contains plenty of active substances. The substances thought to be effective for sexual enhancer, testosterone booster, fertility aid, and an alternative remedy for erectile dysfunction.
Some men apply Panax ginseng to their skin of the penis for treating rapid ejaculation or premature ejaculation.
- 11 Things That Are Unknowingly Killing Your Erections and Stealing Your Manhood
- 7 Hidden Causes Of ED (Erectile Dysfunction) That Every Man Should Know
- 7 Habits Causing Erectile Dysfunction
HORNY GOAT WEED (Epimedium Sagittatum)
Horny goat weed is used to treat erectile dysfunction, low libido, infertility in men, fatigue, pain, and other health conditions.
This libido booster contains certain properties associated with aphrodisiacs. It is believed to increase levels of testosterone and improve blood flow around the penile region which stimulates erections.
L-arginine is an amino acid that aids the body to build proteins. It is naturally found in most protein-rich foods, including whole grains, beans, red meat, fish and dairy products.
L-arginine works as a vasodilator, which is highly beneficial to treat cardiovascular disease and erectile dysfunction due to a physical cause. It contains a good amount of nitric oxide metabolism that helps stimulate blood circulation and relaxes muscles for better erections.
One study showed a dramatic improvement in men with ED after given 2,800 mg of L-arginine once a day for two weeks.
MACA (Lepidium Meyenii)
Maca is considered a superfood and one of the strongest aphrodisiacs in a food source, known as “Andes Aphrodisiac“. This root vegetable grows in Central Peruvian Andes.
According to a Peruvian folklore that maca regarded as the ‘Viagra of the Herbal Kingdom’. It is the best alternative treatment if you are doing the natural remedy for erectile dysfunction and low libido.
The powdered maca is used to boost sexual function both libido and fertility. One study shows that oral supplementation of maca help dilates the arteries in the penile areas, which make the erection more easily to achieve and maintain without the use of ED drugs.
Aside from improving erection quality, maca has other outstanding health benefits such as:
- reduces chronic fatigue
- increases energy and stamina
- improves memory function and mood
- enhances the glow of your skin and hair
- reduces levels of anxiety and depression
- 10 Superfoods You Must Be Eating Daily
- Why Nitric Oxide an Essential in Penile Erectile Function
- 21 Best Food For Harder Erection That You Should Eat To Defeat ED
- Natural ED Remedies: Alternative Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Homemade Cures That Works
SAW PALMETTO (Sabal Serrulata, Serenoa Repens)
It has been used by the Mayans and European settlers as a male tonic, antiseptic, sexual rejuvenator, aphrodisiac and nerve sedative.
Saw palmetto is best known for its medicinal benefits:
- in decreasing symptoms of an enlarge prostate and prostate infection
- enhancing sexual drive as an aphrodisiac
- increasing testosterone levels
- preventing hair loss caused by DHT
- increasing urine output (natural diuretic)
TONGKAT ALI (Eurycoma Longifolia)
Tongkat Ali, also known as Long Jack, is a flowering plant that is native to the South East Asian region.
This plant has a history of being beneficial for male libido enhancement and is known for its aphrodisiac properties.
Tongkat Ali extract is used traditionally to boost energy levels, reduce mental fatigue, enhance stamina and endurance, and relieve depression.
This potent herb is used to treat high blood pressure, loss of sexual desire, malaria, and even certain cancer.
Tongkat Ali is an excellent remedy for weak erections as it is highly effective for increasing blood flow to the penis.
TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS (Puncturevine)
Tribulus is a highly potent herb for male libido booster.
It is used to increase the levels of luteinizing hormone in the body. This hormone is responsible to produce testosterone in the body. And that is why it has become popular herb of choice for bodybuilding and as alternative herbal supplements to increase libido and improve fertility.
In addition to the aforementioned benefits, men report more frequent erections, higher volumes of ejaculation and improved muscular density.
YOHIMBE (Pausinystalia Yohimbe, Corynanthe Yohimbe)
Yohimbe bark contains medicinal properties that help with erectile dysfunction, enhance sexual pleasure, increase sexual desire, and boost sexual performance.
Yohimbine bark also helps to increase blood flow throughout the body, which helps grow the size of the penis.
It also was seen to increase libido in both genders and had the ability to reverse erectile dysfunction.
Men who have taken Yohimbe bark showed a significant increased in their sex life, ejaculations and increase sperm count.
- How to Increase Sperm Volume & Quality When Ejaculating
- 11 Tips to Get and Maintain an Erection on Command
- Best Sexual Positions That Suits Your Penis Size
- A Review of Plants Used for Improvement of Sexual Performance and Virility
- Recent studies on aphrodisiac herbs for the management of male sexual dysfunction–a review.
- What Are the Benefits of Catuaba Bark?
- DAMIANA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings
- Image sources: American Ginseng/Catuaba/Horny Goat Weed/Maca/Tribulus terrestris / Yohimbe