Image: Hidden Causes of ED – Male Reproductive Organ /Image: Google Image
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or male impotence is a common male sexual problem. It can hit any man, of any age or ethnicity. It is when a man has trouble achieving and sustaining an erection hard enough for a successful intercourse.
As men get older, they’re likely to suffer from erectile problems such as performance problem, weak erection, inability to maintain a solid erection. However, ED is not a natural part of ageing.
Men with ED often experience a very distressing and frustrating for both partners. If the issue won’t resolve, it may cause marital problem and separation.
There are many predisposing factors to ED, such as advancing age, being overweight, neurological, hormonal imbalance, psychological, vascular, and others.
Here are some of the hidden causes of ED that every man should know:
Hidden Causes Of ED #1: Your Diet
You are what you eat! If you are fond of eating french fries, bacon, pizzas, burgers, sausages…you are more likely to get ED when you get old.
The fact is, ED is caused by narrowed arteries. That’s right bacon, burgers, chicken wings..they narrow your arteries and that means not enough blood flow downstairs where it counts. So swap that limp sausage for a carrot and you’ll good to go. – Dr. Neal Barnard
ED is an early indication of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol. These lifestyle diseases can block the arteries that cause ED. And eventually stops the blood flow to the brain and heart due to bad food choices.
A study published in JAMA found that normal erectile function returned in almost one-third of the men who consumed less cholesterol and saturated fat and more fibre, which can only be found in the plant-based diet.
The best solution to conquer ED is to eliminate all processed food. And adopt a low-fat, plant-based diet to literally open up the arteries to keep the blood pumping downstairs.
Hidden Causes Of ED #2: Too Much Porn Can Destroy Your Erection!
Porn-induced erectile dysfunction (PIED) is one of the hidden causes of ED that affects younger men who grew up with the easy access to online porn.
Men who have exposed to too much porn can desensitize the brain and no longer find the feeling of pleasure during the actual sex.
Recent studies have shown that a surge of neurochemicals and hormones were released when someone watches online porn. This neurochemical and behavioural imbalance can lead to:
- erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- delayed ejaculation
- frequent masturbation without satisfaction
- a waning desire for sex with actual partners
- decreased libido
- needing to fantasize about porn in order to maintain an erection
- lack of motivation
Dr. Elizabeth Waterman, a psychologist at Morningside Recovery Centre in Newport California, says too much porn can damage men’s health…
“When people start watching porn, there is a huge flood of dopamine in the brain…Over time, the receptors that were once very sensitive become less sensitive, and normal physical intimacy does not produce enough dopamine to stimulate the dopamine receptors.” – Dr. Elizabeth Waterman
Need help with your addiction? Check out this ebook >>Sexual Reboot The Easy Way <<
- Does Porn Addiction Cause Erectile Dysfunction in Young Men?
- 7 Habits Causing Erectile Dysfunction
- How To Restore Solid Erection on Command, Anytime You Want
can really destroy your erection! Medicines that can contribute to the development of erectile dysfunction, which is being used to treat lifestyle diseases are:
- heart disease
- hypertension or high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- prostate medications
- and other health conditions
In some men, certain medicines can cause erectile dysfunction, including:
- anti-androgens (male sex hormones)
- anticonvulsants, anti-epileptic drugs
- antihypertensives (beta-blockers), that are used to treat high blood pressure
- cytotoxics (chemotherapy)
- fibrates used to treat lower cholesterol levels
- H2-antagonists used to treat stomach ulcers
If you are taking medicines to treat your condition and have noticed poor erection quality, then go over the list of meds that you are taking. Click here for the complete list of drugs causing ED.
Hidden Causes Of ED #4: Stress
Stress can ruin your sex life. Any psychological actions such erection are controlled by the autonomic nervous system. So whenever a man becomes sexually aroused, nerve impulses trigger blood vessels to dilate in the penile spongy tissue. And at the same time, a muscle in the penile region called a sphincter constricts to prevent blood from flowing back, making the penis rigid and firm.
However, during stress, the blood vessels don’t dilate fully and the sphincter that holds the blood flow to the spongy tissue of the penis fails to constrict, both can contribute to erectile dysfunction or difficulty of maintaining and achieving an erection.
Stress hormone called “cortisol” increases during stress from a negative experience such as being overworked, losing a job, financial worries, and marital problems. Because stress is often considered a psychological cause of ED, it can have a negative on your sexual performance.
Hidden Causes Of ED #5: Lack of Sleep
Is there a connection between lacking sleep and erectile dysfunction?
There are an estimated 50 to 70 million U.S. adults who suffered from sleep loss or sleep disorder, according to the American Sleep Association. Sleeping problem can interfere with the quality of your life and negatively affect your emotional balance, motor skills, and cognitive function.
New studies have found the links between sleep loss and erectile dysfunction. Men with sleep disorder such as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) often complain of erectile problems.
Men’s bodies produce testosterone during the night. Testosterone level climbs up steadily throughout the night and peak in the morning. However, a decrease in the total amount of sleep during the night can reduce testosterone levels, resulting in poor erection quality and decreased sexual desire (libido).
- 7 Effective Tricks To Get an Erection on Command, Anytime You Want
- 11 Things That Are Unknowingly Killing Your Erections and Stealing Your Manhood
Hidden Causes Of ED #6: Not Enough Nitric Oxide
Not enough of nitric oxide can be one of the hidden causes of ED.
According to a study, nitric oxide is believed to be the main vasodilator transmitter of penile erection in the spongy chambers of the penis. It is naturally produced in the penile tissue of the penis: cavernosal nerves and endothelium.
Erection is triggered by the release of NO via the autonomic dilator nerve fibres supplying the erectile tissue of the penis. NO has been recognized to play a key role in the physiology of penile erection.
In order to achieve stronger and better erection and at the same time reduce the symptoms of ED, make sure to consume nitrate-rich food sources. Natural nitrate food sources are found in vegetables such as spinach, arugula, and beetroot.
Hidden Causes Of ED #7: Low Level of Testosterone
Testosterone is an important male sex hormone, needed for normal reproductive and sexual function. It helps to maintain libido, erectile function, sperm production, cognitive function, muscle strength, and bone mass density.
Testosterone deficiency can affect a man’s overall health and brain’s normal functioning. Abnormally low-T may also increase the risk of other common male sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, infertility, low energy, decreased bone density and muscle strength.
There are many natural ways to boost your testosterone. If you are interested to increase your testosterone to an optimum level, discover here »
- 19 Dangerous Signs of Low Testosterone: How To Tell If You Have Low T
- 3 Essential Steps to Fire Up Your Testicles & Testosterone »
- 10 Amazing Testosterone Benefits and Why You Should Boost Your T
- These Power Poses Can Increase Your Testosterone By Up To 20% Guaranteed
- New Insights into Hypertension-Associated Erectile Dysfunction
- Hyperlipidemia and erectile dysfunction
- Are you watching too much porn?
- Is Internet Pornography Causing Sexual Dysfunctions? A Review with Clinical Reports
- The role of statins in erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Do lipid-lowering drugs cause erectile dysfunction? A systematic review
- Drug-related erectile dysfunction
- Antipsychotic-Induced Sexual Dysfunction and Its Management
- Taking the stress out of treating erectile dysfunction
- The relationship between sleep disorders and testosterone in men
- How sleep apnea can wreck your sex life
- Studies Link Quality Of Sleep To Erectile Dysfunction, Other Urologic Conditions
- Effect of oral administration of high-dose nitric oxide donor l-arginine in men with organic erectile dysfunction: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study
- Nitric oxide and penile erection: Is erectile dysfunction another manifestation of vascular disease?
- Low Testosterone is Associated with an Increased Risk of MACE Lethality in Subjects with Erectile Dysfunction
- Low Testosterone Associated With Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome Contributes to Sexual Dysfunction and Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Men With Type 2 Diabetes